MSCP Multi Agency Strategies, Protocols & Guidance Documents
London Safeguarding Children Procedures
Merton Safeguarding Children Partnership and its member agencies are signatories to the London Safeguarding Children Procedures (formerly the London Child Protection Procedures) as our local procedures.
You may access the London Procedures here:
The London Safeguarding Children Procedures are based on current legislation and the latest edition of national statutory guidance: Working Together to Safeguard Children, 2018
Please see our information sharing pages for more advice and guidance on information sharing between practitioners and agencies.
Where the MSCP has agreed supplementary protocols or procedures to those agreed for London they can be accessed below.
- Multi-Agency Escalation Policy
- Learning and Development Strategy
- MSCP Anti-Bullying Best Practice Toolkit
- MSCP Anti-Bullying Guidance for Schools
- Bruising in Non-Independently Mobile Infants and Children
- Contextual Safeguarding Strategy and Action Plan
- Effective Support for Families in Merton, including MSCP Indicators of Possible Need
- Female Genital Mutilation Multi-agency Strategy
- Harmful Sexual Behaviour
- Missing Protocol
- Neglect Strategy
- Pre-birth Protocol
- Supporting Young People Who Self-Harm or Experience Suicidal Ideation
- Young People`s Substance Misuse Supporting Guidance to Protocol with:
Merton Family Services Directory
For information on family services in Merton, please refer to the Family Services Directory, here.