Merton Safeguarding Children Partnership training programme
In response to the ongoing circumstances around COVID-19, we have developed our online training resources to continue to support staff at this time, so please keep an eye on the website for upcoming online events.
The Merton Safeguarding Children Partnership (MSCP) training programme is available to all MSCP member agencies, the voluntary sector and independent sector agencies working with children, young people and their families in Merton.
The training courses aim to improve knowledge, skills and competencies within safeguarding practice in accordance with the London Competency Framework (PDF)
How to book
To book an event you must register on our new online booking system. You can book any number of events in one visit
Courses are free to Merton statutory, voluntary and faith organisations. The fee for private organisations or organisations based outside the borough of Merton is £75 per delegate for each course booked.
View the full training programme on our online booking system
If you want to attend any of the upcoming events click on the link for full details and to register:
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) - Virtual Session - 08-09-2021
- Effective Support for Families In Merton - 08-09-2021
- Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) training: Managing allegations against staff - Virtual session - 15-09-2021
- Lunch & Learn Quarterly Learning Review Briefings - 15-09-2021
- Domestic Violence and Abuse - Virtual Session - 16-09-2021
- Working with young people and exploitation (gangs, CSE and County Lines) - 16-09-2021
- Substance Misuse Part 1 - 16-09-2021
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) - Virtual Session - 23-09-2021
- Effective Support for Families In Merton - 23-09-2021
- Substance Misuse Part 2 - 23-09-2021
- Effective Support for Families In Merton - 05-10-2021
- Impact of parental mental illness on children and young people - virtual session - 06-10-2021
- Annual Conference 2021: The Importance of Early Help in Response to COVID-19 - 06-10-2021
- Online Safety - 07-10-2021
- Working with young people and exploitation (gangs, CSE and County Lines) - 12-10-2021