Quality Assurance and Learning and Development Framework
The MSCP Multi-agency performance framework looks to understand the quality and impact of partner engagement in the safeguarding system. It is organised around the journey of the child, and the evaluation criteria of the Inspection of Local Authority Children’s Services (ILACS) framework, evaluation criteria of the Joint Targeted Inspection (JTAI) framework, Working Together 2018 and Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018.
The combined framework should provide Partners with assurance that
- The Partnership is meeting its statutory duties
- The Partnership is achieving its priorities
- The Partnership is ensuring quality across the safeguarding system
- The Partnership sets the right priorities to meet these needs
- The Partnership is holding partners and board members to account for providing effective safeguarding services to children and families in Merton
Reporting to the Partnership is via an outcomes based accountability framework we will be able to evidence
- How much did we do (quantity)?
- How well did we do it (quality)?
- Is anyone better off as a result (impact)?
- What are we going to do to continue improve (action planning and prioritisation)?
The Partnership will also promote learning and improvement through theme multi-agency audits, listening to children and their families and by learning from Local and National Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews.