Toggle Contrast


What to do if you are worried about a child

It is everybody’s responsibility to keep children and young people safe. If you’re concerned that a child is being abused or neglected you should report it so that the child can be protected.

If you are a member of the public and think the child is in immediate danger or in a life threatening situation you should call the police.

For all other less urgent concerns speak to somebody in the Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) team​. The trained professionals will listen to your concerns and make decisions about the next steps to ensure the child’s safety and wellbeing.