Toggle Contrast

Living away from home

Are you living away from home and under 16 years (or under 18 years if disabled)?

If you are living away from your parents for more than 28 days and you are not cared for by a close relative, then you may be a privately fostered child.

The law says that children in these situations must be visited by a social worker regularly to check that they are safe and well cared for.

Information for privately fostered children is available on the Somebody Else’s Child website.