News for professionals – safeguarding children
Working Together 2018
You may access the London Procedures here: London Child Protection Procedures
The London Child Protection Procedures derive from the current legislation and the latest edition of national statutory guidance: Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
How safe are our children?
The fourth annual state of the nation report How Safe are our Children? takes an overview of the child protection landscape and compiles the most robust and up-to-date child protection data that exists across each of the four nations in the UK.
Safeguarding Disabled children in England July 2016
This report describes the result of a survey of LSCB’s under taken in 2015, which aimed to consider the effectiveness of local arrangements to protect disabled children and, in particular, progress in light of the Ofsted recommendations
New research on neglect
- Exploring the relationship between neglect and child sexual exploitation
- Exploring the relationship between neglect and adult-perpetrated intrafamilial child sexual abuse
- Child Abuse and Neglect October 2017
- Indicators of neglect missed opportunities November 2014
- NICE Child abuse and neglect October 2017
- Understanding Adolescent Neglect Troubled teens November 2019
- Thinking about adolescent neglect April 2018