MSCP Annual Report & Business Plan
The MSCB Annual report provides an overview of performance of the Merton Safeguarding Children Board for the year 2018-19.
The (MSCB) is set up under the Children Act 2004 and has the following main objectives:
- To coordinate what is done by each agency represented on the Board for the purposes of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in Merton; and
- To ensure the effectiveness of what is done by those agencies for that purpose.
The report presents an annual update on what is going well, the key challenges and the actions that we will take to address these challenges.
The vision of the MSCB is that the Board works to ensure that Everyone in Merton Partnership does everything they can to ensure that Every Child is Safe, Supported and Successful. This annual report is an evaluation of our progress towards achieving this aim as well as an assessment of the overall impact of the Board especially with regard to our key priorities.
This report presents activity and performance data from 2018/19 around the identified priorities of:
- Managing the arrangements for the transition from MSCB to the Merton Safeguarding Children Partnership.
- Think Family – to support children and adults in our most vulnerable families to reduce risk and ensure improved outcomes.
- Supporting Vulnerable Adolescents – adolescence is a time of significant change for all young people.
- Early Help – To develop an early help system that is responsive and effectively prevents escalation of concerns.
Underpinning these four priorities for the MSCB is the crosscutting theme of Neglect.
The annual report recognises that the partnership has continued to drive improvement in practice through the delivery of the MSCB Business Plan 2018/19, whilst overseeing the development of new partnership arrangements for safeguarding children and young people in Merton.
- MSCB Annual Report 2015-16 (PDF)
- MSCB Annual Report 2016-17 (PDF)
- MSCB Annual Report 2017-18 (PDF)
- MSCB Annual Report 2018 – 2019